Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We Got Two Left Feet

This week we started dancing lessons with our good friend Edwin. He is native to Tehuacán and can speak A-mazing english, so we like to take him with us lots of places for help and to be our body guard. Edwin is our primary dance teacher, but Teo, our Native Coordinator/Dad/Church Stake President also came in to assist since there are like seven of us. We have tried to stop every nice guy who we think can dance to come help us learn.

For our first two lessons we have been learning some basic steps, several turns and some solo moves for the Salsa. Thats right, I am dancing the Salsa, and eating it too. Nice huh?


Bonnie with Teo: This is probably the funniest picture I got all day.
Edwin and Ashley
Edwin and Jen
Betsy and Teo: She was pretty nervous..

This is what we think about our dancing skills...

I didn't get any pictures of myself today, and even the ones I got weren't the best. But as we take more lessons and get better, I will be sure to get a video and some sweet action shots.

Surprisingly, I was pretty good, and I felt like I was catching on fast. The boys are the ones who do most of the work, since they are leading, so as long as you don't trip and fall or smack anyone, then you are awesome! We are trying to get super good for a church dance coming up..... We shall see if us white girls can be as graceful as our teachers.. I think we better practice some more.!!


-Sara Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment