Tuesday, January 10, 2012

And I'm the Weird One??

My host family tends to laugh at me a lot, and well I am totally okay with that, cause its all a bunch of fun anyways. However, there are things about me (me?? Yes.) that I know they are thinking are very weird. Let us begin..

  1. For the first few days I was here, I got sunburnt because we were always outside, and my red nose and arms are plain bizarre.
  2. Not drinking milk is odd and down right illegal.
  3. This one teeny tiny blemish on my face is suddenly a huge magnet for attention, practically screaming out some insane curse word at everyone. These Mexicans have perfect skin.
  4. Sometimes when my family talks to fast, I cannot understand, and they ask me to repeat, in which I say stupid things like, huh.. Pepperoni?? And they crack up....for what seems like hours.
  5. I am directionally challenged. This map stuff is just not for me. So sue me.
  6. I am still thrown off when the salsa is SOO green. Like something in a diaper.
  7. I don't have a scarf or a coat to wear in January...in Mexico...and sometimes, I take my cardigan off (gasp).
  8. I do NOT like mayonnaise, it is worse than boogers. These people want to lick the jar with a spoon.
  9. I have no Aunts, Uncles or Cousins that live in the same state as me. All of theirs live in the same block.
  10. I run in shorts when its 60 degrees out. Apparently, I am supposed to wear a parka and a hat. Even though I am in Mexico, I am STILL that crazy girl running around in shorts.
Well I am sure there are many more things about me that they think are weird..and there will probably be many to come. But thats ok with me. :)


Also,
Today was my missionary's Mom's Birthday. Mrs. Turley turns 23 today!!! She is such a sweet and caring lady, and I know how much Justen loves her. He is SUCH a Mama's boy, and I know he really really misses her. Something funny I remember is that Justen's friends would always tease him about his hot mom...haha. That drove him nuts.!! She always would take care of him, and well, I think he was a little spoiled by his Mama..but thats ok, it makes him sweeter. I hope you had a fantastic day Mrs. Turley!! We love you!!


This is Justen and his Mom before our High School Graduation in 2009. Precious Right??

-Sara Jacqueline


No comments:

Post a Comment