Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy Fake Birthday Mandy!!


Welp, you guessed it. We made up another fake Birthday and celebrated tonight after school. Mandy wasn't really into celebrating her Birthday to much, and we are missing Ashley today cause she is a little sick from some tacos...but we still went to the centro to enjoy the people watching and some street food.

Some of us had cemitas (giant sandwiches) and some of us had tacos, and some of us..just had a cup of corn. haha. We trotted around the festival for a bit and Mandy managed to get herself a free balloon from this clown..


The International Festival of Tehuacán is still going on..if you remember, it is going to last for like two weeks-Mexicans really like to party- and so we went to see some folk dancers last night after class. We weren't sure what to expect, but it was actually pretty exciting. Me and Jen decided we saw three types of dancing, one that looked like Irish step dancing, square dancing, and another that looked like tap dance, but with wooden shoes. Pretty fun! Their costumes were also the COOOLEST.



Lastly, this morning I got MAIL!!!! I was SOO stinkin excited that I got the school secretary to do a dance with me..haha..she definitely thinks I am nuts. It's not that I am homesick or dying, but its really fun to get mail, especially sweet notes from your second grade best friend.



Thank you so much Corie! Everyone was jealous all day long, and your card had me crackin' up. I showed all my kids the picture of Justin Bieber, and then we sang his songs together. It was really quite hilarious. Mail just makes the whole day better cause you know someone is thinking about you :)


-Sara Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment