Monday, February 27, 2012

Mexican Monday: Only 39.9% Left

Justen was sad to say he wasn't transferred to a different area this week, and he didn't get a new companion. But I think that is because they still have some work to do together in that area, and they just don't know it yet. Everything seemed to be going swell for him, and he was all happy and such. Mostly he just asked about where he should go to school when he gets home, and when I want to marry him. Umm, yes he is adorable and you can't have him.

In other news, last night me and my friends went to the park to have some dinner. The park is like a humongous party on Sunday and Saturday nights, it is full of vendors and people making food, and all sorts of fun stuff. So we walked around, and examined our options and then sat down to a little tent for tostadas, gorditas and empanadas. It was run by a family, the mom and dad were both making food, and the little boys took our order and just ended up talking with us the whole time we ate. It was cute, they were like out little dates. They asked us if we liked airplanes, and showed us some American money they had been given, and asked what it was worth in pesos. They were pretty excited to know they had a whole meal's worth of coins.

If you can see in the last picture, there is a grill where all the food was made for us. These are ultra common. Basically all Mexi food here is made on one of these in small restaurants, in the park or on the street corner. In the middle, there is a little pool of oil, and around the outside it is kept hot for the food. Some are run by gas tanks, and most have like little fire pits underneath. It is like the Mexican Weber grill, everyone has one, and everything on them tastes amazing.

My tostada was awesome, and the other girls ordered gorditas and empanadas, and I know they loved them too. My entire dinner cost less than 50 cents!



Today some of my kids were being extra malicious, and usually when I bring out a camera, they stop, so I brought out my camera..hah! I hate to say this, but I took pictures of my favorites...oops. I love little Leah because she is so so smart, and the other two boys are just hilarious always.



Happy Mexican Monday!!!


-Sara Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment