Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Feliz Dia del Amor y Amistad!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. There was a lot of fun going on here down in Mexico. These people go ALL out for the day of love, with tons of balloons, making out in the park, and extreme mushy pink and red gifts..it's kind of funny. I played cupid Monday night and decorated the dining room in my family's house. I made a paper chain, and decorated a big card, and laid out tons of candy and cookies for my sisters. I also made them pink, red, purple and white friendship bracelets which they thought were the coooolest thing ever. I think they really like having a big sister :)




For my class today, my students made nachos, or what we would call in Kentucky queso dip. It was SUPER delicious, even though my kids all told me it looked like throw up. "Teeecha, this looks no delicious. This gross.!!!" Also, one of my students brought me a Valentines, which looked a little like a tacky wedding topper. It was filled with super sweet candies, that my class all scarfed down.




Also, to make my Valentine's Day even better, I got a HUGE GINORMOUS package from my family, filled with candy, popcorn, hot chocolate and an adorable red sweater. It was perfect timing, and I couldn't have been more excited for mail. Thank you so much Mom, Dad, Abby and Liz!!! Love ya!



After teaching, to top off our wonderful day, we went out with Teo and Edwin, our Mexican Dad and Brother for dinner at Teo's Tacos. It his their favorite restaurant, and we officially decided they have the BEST mexican food in Tehuacán. SO delicious. I ordered Tacos al Pastor which was definitely a great choice.





To top off our night, we went to the movie theaters to see Votos de Amor, or The Vow. Movie here are so so cheap compared to home, so I think we will be going out a lot more often. It was a lot of fun to hear a movie in english and read the spanish subtitles, becuase I really knew what was going on, and I loved comparing the words to the sound...kind of nerdy, but when you are trying to learn, it's very helpful. The movie was amazing, and I suggest you go see it, if you even have a crush on anyone. It made me wish my hottie boyfriend was home already, but I know he is having a blast on his mission right now.



Speaking of Justen, as of today he only has 10 MONTHS to go!! Isn't that exciting!! That means only ten months until the Christmas season, so start saving your pennies I guess...haha. I can't believe I am on the downhill, it feels great!
Our Valentine's Day couldn't have been better or more hilarious and crazy. We had an awesome day!!


-Sara Jacqueline





No comments:

Post a Comment