Monday, February 20, 2012

Mexican Monday #60 ?

I think one day I will miss having Mexican Monday, cause I look forward to it so much, and I hype it up so much, it will be hard to let go of...haha..but then again, maybe not. Who am I kidding, it will be like Mexican Monday 24/7 when my missionary comes home.

So today I got this fabulous long email. Yay me! Justen seems to be doing really well. He was all excited because he has been teaching english to some of the people from his church, and they are able to have full conversations with him now, and they are able to understand so much more than before. Thats pretty neat to see him enjoying teaching so much, because he has always wanted to be a teacher.

Justen also mentioned, he thinks he will be getting transferred soon to a different area, with a new companion, which he is pretty excited about. He told me how he was riding in a car with a guy from church, and he accidently ran a red light. Well the next thing they know, they are surrounded at gun point by some police, because the police thought they ran the red light to go rob something or do something bad. haha. They laughed when they found out they had only busted two missionaries and a little man.

Perhaps the funniest part of his email was the end. "This morning I stood up and banged my head on the wall on accident, and then bent over and my tie got all covered in beans. It was horrible Sara." I can't picture Justen, the whitest kid on the planet, being Mexican and eating beans for breakfast without laughing. He is a trip.

Yesterday I spent the whole day with my family, and we took a drive out to the family ranch to meet my abuela, and lots of other family. My host sisters wanted me to see how to milk a cow....little do they know, I have seen it many many times. I told them sometimes my mom milks horses...They didn't understand that one. My abuela was so sweet to me, and she said she was so happy that I spoke spanish to her, because she thinks that I must really be smart but I was just happy that she was understanding me at all. We played with the dogs a bit, and I met their cousins. I got to see all the lime and orange trees and enjoy the weather. The ranch was beautiful out in the mountains, but I prefer the city better.






Only 298 more days!! I am under 300 now, how fabulous!


-Sara Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment