Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's a Peñafiel and Pizza Day!

Today we took a tour of the Peñafiel factory, which is located in Tehuacán. They make things like Dr. Pepper and Snapple drinks, and also supply many other drinks to Mexico, like mineral water. The Spaniards came here to Tehuacán to mine for gold, but all they found was mineral water, which drains off of a volcano, and takes five years to get from the peak to Peñafiel. Pretty neat.
Many of their flavored waters are created from the many kinds of cactuses, which they have a beautiful garden with lots of them to see.



For weeks now, we have been craving Dominoes pizza, so after our trip to the grocery store to get some weekend snacks, we picked up two pizzas for lunch. This was SUCH a good idea. We tried to be native and eat picante sauce on our pizza...genius.



This week I have been teaching kitchen to my classes, and we made nutella-graham cracker sandwiches today. Some of my kids were messier than others, including Rubin. He is nine years old, but somehow managed to get Nutella ALL over his face, hands, arms, sleeves and chest. What a goofball. These kids LOVE Nutella.


For dinner, my mom made me tostadas, which I was actually really afraid to eat because the last time I had legit Mexican food, I was sick. But they were super yummy!!

The green sauce on top is a salsa with avocado, which I am pretty sure my sisters in Ky would die for.
I just discovered that my sunglasses were broken from my backpack. Crud.


In about 5 hours, we are leaving to go to Cuetzalan for four day! We are SUPER duper excited to get there. I am only packing my backpack..haha..this should be interesting. Vamos!!


-Sara Jacqueline


No comments:

Post a Comment