Saturday, April 7, 2012

It's the End of the Beginning of the End



Tonight was our last night of semana santa, or our spring break vacation and it is all so bittersweet. On one hand we are excited to get back to Tehuacán so that time will fly and we can go home to America, but on the other hand we really LOVE the beach and all the fun we have been having together. I only have three more weeks with these girls and I will be so sad to leave them. We are all waiting to get on an overnight bus in a few hours, to make our 10 hour trek back to our Mexican home.



Today we took an all day snorkel trip, and beach hopped all over Huatulco. We got to see over 7 beaches, and visited two by boat. We were grateful it only cost us each twenty bucks. What a deal! I loved snorkeling, however the fish and coral cannot compare to the many other places I have been, but still it was worth the experience. Mostly it was funny to hear Jen scream about the fish, and watch Bonnie try to swim without touching the coral with her flippers. I have to admit, we are very entertaining to strangers....and sometimes eachother.



It wouldn't be a day without Bonnie doing something ridiculous. Today she showed us her hidden talent and unscrewed two bottle caps with her eyes at the same time. What a trip.



Last night on the beach, so we decided to take a celebration photo and then have some gelato. Sad day, but the sooner we go back to teach, the sooner we get to go to America. *Disclaimer* I really wish I was home for Easter, even though I love Mexico.


This has been the best spring break I have had yet, we had an awesome adventure together and met a ton of people and have a zillion stories to tell. Happy Semana Santa!! Vamos a regresar!



-Sara Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment