Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Week the Cookies Crumbled



 This week it was nuts with homework, and busy with class and kindergarten and wild with bumps in the road and also has a lot to do with cookies. Call me crazy, I know its the truth. Here shows how it all went down, in picture form.


I made these Girl Scout Cookie inspired bars, that tasted super close to the chocolate coconut Samoas. I will have to share the recipe later, cause you will need it!




Pay day and pick up your GS cookie day all in one day of the week?! Woahh, that is just dangerous. What's a girl to do with boxes of cookies and a nice chunk of change? 
You probably already can tell, but I have quite a memory attached to these GS cookies. I used to be one of the super selling goody two shoe wearing girl scouts around the age 8. I was the girl who won the t-shirt, the sleeping bag, and the light up singing jump rope. A.K.A I sold a TON of boxes, and no I don't mean like a hundred or two. It might have something to do with the fact that I can fundraise like nobody's business for my school.... not to brag, but I am pretty good at my job.




I am not really up and up on those fancy printing machines..something like a cricket..a ladybug..I don't know... but both of my best girls have one, and I got to play along this week too! We made these fun painted signs with cute little quotes on them. I am actually pretty impressed that it turned out good, however I think I am going to paint that khaki border white.




Again with the girl scout cookies. Actually this has more to do with what it says than what it is. I really really miss Mexico, everything about it. It was an experience I will definitely forget, and lately I have just been wanting to go back super bad...and take Justen with too! Heck that would be a crazy trip. It's nice to dream, huh?




As soon as March 1 hit, I yanked down that Valentines Day wreath and refashioned it into this nifty spring wreath.  I love Easter, it is so bright and cute, and kinda gives me hope to finish the spring semester up. Also, that little sparkly monogram egg was 97 cents at the Walmart and I thought it was perfect to represent these two Turleys- score for cheap crafty stuff! 
( I owe all my bow making skills to Lauren)




This was my Saturday. We had a fun date all day long. It started with an elementary science fair, and after walking into and out of 6 restaurants(literally, I am the most indecisive person), we settled on Chipotle because Justen was gonna murder me if I asked to go to Chick-Fil-A one more time. Turns out our meal stunk, and after we left, he was begging me to go to Chick-Fil-A. We shopped till we dropped, got some free stuff ( yay for gift card stock piles) and cheap stuff. Finally we made it home for dinner! 

(His serious face is a complete lie by the way.)




-Sara Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment